Easter holidays! At last!
Here’s the yummy cupcake recipe we promised last week. These are called Gargoyle Cakes because they look like gargoylz. YOU WILL NEED A TAME GROWN UP TO HELP YOU. (You can let them have a cake at the end if they’re good.)
• 115g margarine
• 115g caster sugar
• 115g self-raising flour
• 1tsp baking powder
• 2 large eggs
• cake cases
• a large bowl for mixing
• a metal spoon
• a wooden spoon
• a hand whisk
• a baking tray
For the topping you need…
• Chocolate spread
• A bag of small sweets or sprinkles or whatever you can think of to make a face on your cakes.
What you do
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 4 (180°C, 350°F).
2. Put cake cases onto a baking tray.
3. Put the butter, sugar, flour, baking powder and eggs in a large bowl and whisk with it up until it’s all mixed in and looks nice and creamy.
4. Spoon the mixture into the cake cases.
5. Get your grown up to pop the tray into the oven.
6. Bake the cakes for 15-20 mins until they have risen and are golden brown.
7. Get your grown up to take them out of the oven. Let the cakes cool down.
8. This is the best bit. Spread some chocolate spread onto the cakes then use the sweets or whatever you’ve got to make a really ugly gargoyle face on each cake!
9. Eat them.
There should be enough for lots of people or one gargoyle called Barney!
Sunday is April Fool’s Day! Don’t forget to play tricks on your family. We are definitely going to play a cool trick on Bart but we haven’t decided what it will be yet…